Welcome to The College of New Jersey’s Dyslexia Initiative website!
The mission of the Dyslexia Initiative is to become a key resource for families, teachers and schools in New Jersey regarding the identification and education of children with dyslexia and other severer literacy disabilities.
Our strategic goals are to:
- Improve TCNJ teacher preparation with regard to students with dyslexia and other severe disabilities; and
- Improve the provision of screening, identification and remediation for students with dyslexia and other severe disabilities.
Toward this end, our Initiative provides a wide variety of services including:
- The TCNJ Student Evaluation Clinic which conducts dyslexia assessments and Child Study Team evaluations;
- A yearly fall conference on key topics related to dyslexia;
- Lunch and Learn workshops which allow participants to focus on key issues of dyslexia;
- Provision of Wilson certification programs;
- Provision of a variety of continuing education workshops on programs such as Project READ and EMPOWER;
- Grant development and implementation to support urban schools with poor literacy outcomes;
- Provision of independent research opportunities for TCNJ students;
- Support in the review and redesign of the TCNJ teacher and reading specialist preparation programs with regard to identifying and educating students with dyslexia;
- Pursuit of IDA program approval; and
If you have questions, please email Heather Tellier at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/TCNJdyslexia?fref=ts